Unfortunately, there is no seats available at this specific time. Please pick up another date or time.
Marine Life in the Algarve Coast: Seabirds, Sea Turtles and Dolphin watching
A boat trip through the waters of the Algarve Coast in the company of a nature tour guide to learn about the marine life in their natural habitat.
This is an intense experience that is worth sharing with family and friends aboard the Albacora III – a comfortable and safe RIB with the possibility of observing dolphins, seabirds and sea turtles.
The boat trip is approximately 2 hours long and we leave the calm waters of Ria Formosa towards the blue ocean, reaching up 5 miles offshore.
We go along the coastline of the Algarve, pass by the barrier-islands of Ria Formosa and Santa Maria Cape (the most southern point of Portugal) in the quest for dolphins and other marine wildlife.
We may see several species of cetaceans, the most sighted being the Common Dolphin (Delphinus delphis) and Bottlenose Dolphin (Tursiops truncatus).
Seabirds are a constant presence and the most seen species are the Northern Gannet (Morus bassanus), Balearic Shearwater (Puffinus mauretanicus), Mediterranean Gull (Larus melanocephalus) and several species of Storm-petrels. Seagulls are of course also a common sighting specially when we pass by fishing boats.
There is also the possibility of observing other marine wildlife species such as sea turtles, the Ocean Sunfish (Mola mola), sharks and occasionally other cetaceans species such as the Harbour Porpoise (Phocoena phocoena) and the Minke Whale (Balaenoptera acutorostrata).
After this exciting experience in the sea we return to Ria Formosa when the tour ends.
Formosamar supports CIRCÉ in the conservation of cetaceans in Algarve
• 2-hour Boat trip
• Life vests
• Local guide
• Live commentary on board
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required. The activity may be cancelled if less than 4 participants have been booked.
• A maximum of 12 people per booking.
• Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Due to safety reasons children under 5 years of age are not allowed on this tour.
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
• Safety comes first, please follow the instructions and recommendations of your skipper, especially those relating to safety issues.
• Trips may be amended due to weather conditions or the physical condition of the participants should our skippers deem this advisable.
• This is an activity subject to weather conditions. The decision to leave or return earlier than expected, due to unexpected weather conditions, is solely to the skipper.
• The schedules of departures and arrivals, the duration and itineraries of the activities are subject to change without previous notice due to security determined by the weather conditions, tides and/or other circumstances beyond our control.
• Formosamar can not fully guarantee the observation of marine wildlife. Because they are in their natural habitat, encounters with dolphins and other marine animals may not be possible during the tour. In this case, no refund or rescheduling of the visit is possible.
Selecionamos a Formosamar através de uma busca rápida no Google e tivemos muita sorte na escolha. O mar não estava propriamente nas condições ideais para a observação de golfinhos, mas os nossos guias, dotados de muita experiência, não desistiram e após 2h de procura encontramos uma família com imensos elementos de golfinhos comuns. Uma experiência incrível que valeu toda a turbulenta procura em alto mar. Paralelamente foram nos esclarecidas todas as dúvidas e foi nos dado a conhecer um bocadinho mais da espécie que observamos quanto aos seus hábitos e características. Adoramos!
we tried 2 times to see dolphins with different companies and we understand it's not guaranteed...but after this trip I understand that many companies are just tourist traps...here, no caves or anything but just a nature lover (alfredo) who loves to explain you about dolphins and who respect them a lot....even when we found them, we stayed 20,30 min to not stress them while other boats would even follow them if they swim away from you...so in the end, they recognise boats from their noise....and will go more easily near the boats who never bothered them.....like the one of alfredo ! so we have seen dolphins, but even if we wouldn't have seen any, I would have put 5 because I could compare with other companies.....and they were the most respectful of nature, animals...it deserves to be said! thank you !
Partis pour aller voir des dauphins, nous avons d'abord pu voir un poisson-lune et puis soudain... 2 puis 3 baleines se sont montrées (des rorquals communs, fin whales, d'après le guide). Unique! Extraordinaire! Magnifique! La visite devait durer 2 heures mais les guides ne comptent par leurs heures et au bout de ces deux heures à suivre les baleines, nous avons quand même été à la rencontre des dauphins... Bref, souvenir inoubliable... Soyons honnête la venue des baleines est très rare mais la vue des dauphins est quasi assurée...un tout grand merci aux accompagnateurs pour leur gentillesse et leur professionnalisme .
Juste parfait !!! Le temps , le personnel , les dauphins et les explications sur tout ce qui nous entoure ! Les guides ont étaient juste parfait merci encore mille fois car des personnes aussi dévouées pour leurs métier et passion c’est rare . Moments parfait avec dauphins qui étaient bien au rendez vous . Juste un bonheur ! Merci encore à Alfredo et son coéquipier de folie continuez comme ça vous êtes au top !
The trip to see dolphins was absolutely amazing. The guide was very knowledgable and we were able to watch dolphins jumping out of the water. It was wonderful.
Myself and my partner went on the dolphin seeing trip mid August. This was by far the best boat trip to see dolphins! It was much smaller than the other boats which meant we went much quicker. The driver and guide were fantastic they created waves by going quickly in circles and this made the dolphins folllow the waves and even jumped over them! Within 3 minutes of leaving the harbour we found the dolphins and it was phenomenal! Absolutely the highlight of our holiday! Only wish I had an underwater go pro as the dolphins swam right by the side of the boat . Truly amazing!
Dolphins watching Amazing trip for watching dolphins near Faro. Very friendly skippers Alfredo and Fernando - tought us with wild life of dolphins and how to protect the endangered ocean life. Love it. Thanx.