Location: MEETING POINT - DOCA DE FARO
Min. capacity: 1
Unfortunately, there is no seats available at this specific time. Please pick up another date or time.
Bike Rental Service in the Algarve from Faro
If you like cycling, we have available a bike rental service in the Algarve for those who are on holidays here.
We have several models of bicycles available for rental for those who want to visit the cities and the beaches of the Algarve, explore its beautiful countryside, cycle along the coastal cycle path of the Ecovia Litoral Algarve or along the Great Route of the Via Algarviana.
Plan your cycling holidays in the Algarve, rent a bike and explore the magnificent landscape of this region on your own.
If you want to rent a bike just for one day, saddle up on a bike and visit a city, the countryside, the Algarve´s stunning coastline or the beautiful pathways of the Ria Formosa Nature Park.
The bikes are available for rental in the city of Faro and for those who want to explore the Algarve cycling it's useful to know that bikes can travel for free on the trains. You can take your bike on the train with no additional charges.
CUBE AIM Race
A relaxed and comfortable bike. Ideal for a tour of the city or the countryside, mountain biking and BTT. Models of men and women.
• Aluminum frame
• Front suspension adjustable
• Shimano 29 Speeds
• Wheel 29
• Wide and very comfortable saddle
• Sizes: M, L and XL
GT Avalanche 3.0
Ideal for mountain biking and dirt tracks.
• Aluminum frame
• Shimano 21 speed
• 26 inch tire
• Comfortable saddle
• Sizes: XS, S.
• 3 days, Full-day or half-day (depending on option selected)
• Emergency repair kit, if requested
• Protection helmet, if requested
• Hotel pickup and drop-off
• Transportation to/from attractions
• Food and drinks
• Tips (optional)
• All other extras
• Not wheelchair accessible.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Safety comes first. The client should be aware of and comply with all applicable traffic regulations while using the bicycle.
• When hiring a bicycle, the client agrees to and accepts the bicycle rental terms and conditions. The Client agrees that each bicycle rental is subject to a deposit.
• The pick-up and delivery of the rented equipment should be performed in the same location.
• All equipment available for hire is subject to regular maintenance and cleaning.
• All bicycles have liability insurance only covering the damages that you (as our client) may cause to third party.
• Technique assistance (or other) to problems that may come forth during the period of rental is not included on the amount paid.
- Bookings of activities and/ or services may be done in a proper form on the website, by email, by phone, through authorized agents and/ or Formosamar, Lda Points of Sale.
- For groups of 20 or more participants, bookings should be done as soon as possible and at least 24 hours prior to the date of activity and/ or service.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
Cancellations and No Shows
- Formosamar reserves the right to cancel the activity and/ or services by reasons which fall outside the responsibility of the company. We cannot be held responsible for cancellations due to the following reasons: natural disasters, climate conditions, system failures or any other circumstances beyond the company's control and also whenever the safety and integrity of participants, equipment and/ or goods is at risk. The client will be fully refunded, without any compensation or indemnity.
- The cancellation of an activity and/ or services by the participant may be done through a proper form on the website, by email or by phone up until 24 hours prior to the start of the activity and/ or services.
- For groups of 10 or more participants, the cancellation of an activity and/ or services may be done through a proper form on the website, by email or by phone up until 48 hours prior to the start of the activity and/ or services.
- If the cancellation does not comply with the requirements above, the activity and/ or service will be charged at the full rate.
- Once the activity and/or service has started, with the agreement of the participants and the safety and integrity of participants, equipment and/ or goods is not at risk, in the event of a request from the participant(s) to stop or interrupt it due to wind, temperature, rainfall, waves or other factors beyond the company's control, no refund, indemnity or compensation will apply and the activity and/ or service will proceed its usual course.
- In the case of equipment rental, cancellations should be done up until 24 hours prior to its start, otherwise it will be charged at the full rate. In case of deliberate cancellation by the client, Formosamar will charge the period of use of the equipment or its minimum rental period.
- The rental and hire of equipment and/ or goods is subject to its own terms and conditions.
- In the event of no show, the full amount charged is non-refundable.
Use of boats and/ or equipment
- Formosamar reserves the right to change the boats and/or equipment to carry out the activity and/ or service, due to system failures or adverse weather conditions. In that case, another boat and/ or equipment will be used and we will charge the rate and/or prices previously agreed.
Meeting Point and Departure Time
- The meeting point and the departure time are indicated on the voucher or on the booking confirmation document.
- Delay of the participants may imply an exclusion from the activity. To prevent the latter from happening please be so kind to be at the designated meeting point on time. There is a maximum tolerance of 10 minutes.
- Departure time is subject to changes due to weather conditions, system failures or any other other circumstances beyond the company's control.
- Whenever a stop or free time is planned during the activity, the crew, skipper and/ or tour guide will inform you of the following location and time of departure. Please be at the location 5 minutes before the announced time of departure.
- Formosamar reserves the right to suspend a participant from a activity if the times of departure are not respected. In this case no refund or compensation is available.
- Formosamar reserves the right to suspend a participant from an activity and/ or service if the participant has no physical condition to carry it out or if the participant does not respect the safety recommendations and instructions.
Itineraries and information in website, catalogs, leaflets, brochures and other material
- The itineraries and the exact timings at the several points of the activity and/ or service are only indicative. They are subject to change due to weather conditions and/ or the physical conditions of the participants and can be amended if the person representing Formosamar deem this advisable.
- The schedules of departures and arrivals, durations and itineraries of the activities and/ or services are subject to change without prior notice due to safety and security determined by weather conditions, winds, tides and/or any other circumstances beyond the control of Formosamar, Lda.
Code of Conduct
- Formosamar, Lda. promotes ecotourism activities and nature tours of natural, cultural and environmental interest. We expect our guests and participants to respect the visited natural areas and the local lifestyles. We respect and follow the guidelines of the ICNF's code of conduct and we reserve the right to suspend or cancel an activity if we find the participants' behavior is in conflict with this philosophy and code of conduct.
Photos and videos
- During the course of our activities and/ or services we can take photos and videos to promote our company. If you do not want this information to be used, please be so kind to previously inform our staff.
- Formosamar, Lda. has available a complaints book and reports directly to ASAE.
Licences and Insurances
- Formosamar is a fully licensed company with the registration No. 123/2009 of the Tourism Board of Portugal.
- Our activities are certified as Ecotourism by the ICNF - the Portuguese Institute for Conservation of Nature and Forests.
- We have all the mandatory insurance legislation.
Omission and other questions
- Omissions and other questions not covered by these terms and conditions will be discussed with Formosamar and are subjected to the applicable Portuguese law